[WFRP 2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 3

Last night I was finally able to play in a WarHammer Google+ Hangout game. This is significant for me, as WarHammer Fantasy Roleplay is my game of choice. As fun as Dwimmermount or Barrowmaze are using the Labyrinth Lord ruleset (and they are fun), my heart will always belong to WarHammer.

One significant change for me was that this was the first time I had ever played under the second edition rules. I can probably run first edition without a book at this point, and I own second edition, but I had never played. Some things threw me, but the group was nice enough to walk me through.

Here's a bit of a recap:

My PC:
  • I haven't written too much of a background to date, but I am playing a Troll Slayer. Sufficed to say, all I really felt I needed to know going in was my name, what weapon I could put in my hand, and where the nearest monster was. I'll try to come up with more before the next sitting.
My companions:
  • A Brettonian Knight
  • An Elf Student
  • A Dwarf Priestess NPC
Notables:
  • The other players had played a couple sessions, so I was introduced as a prisoner of the orcs they just slayed at the end of the last session. It's really eating humble pie for a Slayer to start out as a prisoner. I'm sure I initially came off as humble...for a Slayer (OK, that's a joke).
  • The best weapon available to me once released was an Orc "Choppa" (a large cleaver). This turned out to be the worst weapon ever for a skilled warrior like my dwarf.
  • The hike up the mountains to the ruins was a breeze in the park, even for a corpulent dwarf that hadn't eaten in a day and a half.
  • I almost met my doom via a spider with a glandular problem. Almost doesn't cut it. The elf almost met his doom, too. Next session we'll see if we can find our doom together.
It was definitely an enjoyable experience. As is par for the course for me, there were some technical issues with the Roll20 system. I don't think I've played a single online game yet where we haven't met with technical troubles. Luckily the troubles were comparatively minor and we were able to roll some virtual dice and have a few laughs at our characters' expense.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report