South Lands and Wild Dwarves

I'm always thinking about my Warhammer game, even if it's not currently in progress. I think I came up with a fun little idea, but let me provide some background.

I keep talking about the South Lands. They were an area that 1st edition didn't really flesh out, at least not in any of the products I had. They are located south of the Old World.


And this is all the description I ever had:


Now if that's not an almost blank slate, I don't know what is.

I have said before that I can put the Wild Dwarves from the D&D 2e Monstrous Compendium, Volume 2 into those sub-tropical South Land forests:


My next idea is to have these dwarves be the ones who create the Barrowmaze! I just added Wild Dwarves and Barrowmaze to my Warhammer game, and I'm pretty sure it's a good fit! I don't want to force high magic concepts into low magic warhammer, but nothing about either of these seems to go against the Warhammer concept. I'm sure I'll want to add and subtract a few things to give it the 1) Warhammer, and 2) South Lands feel. It's an exciting prospect, though.

The sandbox gets more locations. Cool.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report