[WFRP 2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 30

My PC
Maximillian Morningglory, Halfling Agitator
Magnus the Pony

My companions
Gustav Jaeger - Human Priest of Verena
Udrin Sor-Valdir - High Elf Wizard
Ludovic Hasselhoff - Human Entertainer

From Maximillian's journal:

(Previous update)

My ogre was a genius hire, but he ate all my profits. When we arrived in Altdorf, I had to set him free to find his family, if for no other reason than I couldn't afford to feed him any more. All I have left of my coin is 19 silver and a large collection of brass pennies.  And the letter of recommendation Tegort signed in case I ever want to pursue a job as a cook (I'll never know how he talked Udrin into writing it for him).

Gustav blessed the three vials of water I bought. I can't afford a blunderbuss, so I think a crossbow would be my next-best choice in my new role hunting chaos. I probably also need some armor. I saw what happened to Willowwand. That was freaky.

Anyway...Altdorf. It is a humongous, writing, grumpy sea of humanity, and I'm not prone to like it...at least not from first impressions. The dock master was grumpy. He made me pay extra for my pony and told me I'd have to keep him in a stable. Gustav and Ludovic ran off ahead of me and wouldn't wait up. Udrin kept to himself, as always. I had to find my own way to the Temple of Verena, after finding a place for Magnus for the night.

At least the temple accepted us like wandering heroes.  I'll never get tired of telling these priests about killing the daemon of Ubersreik. Well, I say I'll never get tired, however I fell asleep telling them about our journeys to Altdorf.

The next morning Udrin started accusing Gustav of something or other over breakfast. He wouldn't come out and say what it was, but it got Gustav frustrated enough to bid us farewell. It is as shame. Gustav was a friendly fellow. He taught Ludovic and I Tilean on the way down the river. He's always provided a place for us to stay during our travels. I'll miss the priest as he heads off on his own to Helmgart. Ludovic tried to talk him out of it, but Gustav was resolute.

One thing I wish to look into while I'm in the temple is a book Gustav mentioned. It's called Tiermann's Treaty, and apparently it speaks of elven vampires. To this point, I had assumed that elves were unable to be affected by chaos. This could change everything.

I'm not sure, exactly, what we're doing here, how long we'll be here, or where we're going afterward. All I know is that you can buy anything in this city, and I have some shopping to do.  The Verenans say the best place to buy equipment is on the Three Toll Bridge. I plan to head there after discussing the future with the rest of the party.


Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report