[WFRP 2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 32

My PC
Maximillian Morningglory, Halfling Agitator
Magnus the Pony

My companions
Udrin Sor-Valdir - High Elf Wizard
Ludovic Hasselhoff - Human Entertainer

From Maximillian's journal:

(Previous update)

We were followed for two days by people in blue robes. It was like Ubersreik all over again, only this time it didn't end with an attack outside the church of Verena.  Instead, they were priest from the Celestial College who eventually insisted we follow them to their college. We were given rooms and fed breakfast in the morning. However, for a magical college, the place looked depressingly...average. 

At breakfast we were met by a haughty wizard who introduced himself as Master Ableheart Mullburger. What he was master of I do not know, as he followed orders from another, older wizard. He also did not seem to be master of his own temper. He did not wish to answer a few reasonable questions, and instead directed us immediately to his master.

The real master was an Astromancer named Ortolf Eiche. He was an old man with white hair and shaking blue eyes. I initiated small talk, but the old man only seemed to want to talk with Udrin about a place called Cairnmere or Tor Taigia. It is apparently an old elf village with an extensive library. These Celestial Wizards are almost as fanatical about books as the Verenans. 

Ortolf did give me and odd look, and asked about my past association with mudbeasts. He also, disconcertingly, told me to beware sewers. This matches closely to my dooming, but I did not let on that I knew what he meant.  He is a strange fellow, indeed; however, he has offered to fund our expedition if he is allowed to journey with us.  I feel there is much to learn from the man, and many ways to torment his pupil, so I agreed to the offer.

I needed little in the way of supplies. Normally I can subside on whatever the trail will provide for me and Magnus. However, I did allow the good wizard to purchase me a set of halfling-sized chain mail as a show of good faith. Ableheart showed some initiative by trading in my large repeating crossbow for one more my size as well. There may be hope for him...after a few good practical jokes straighten him out.

Lastly, I asked for a reading copy of Tierman's Treaty to ride on the trail, and then stopped by the docks to re-recruit our old friend Tegort. I can't wait to be back on the open road instead of this stuffy city!

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report